- Also, the weakening of rupee to72.49 also hit the domestic sentiment.
- Also, the weakening of rupee to 72.49 also hit the domestic sentiment.
- The S&P BSE index was down 140.09 points or 0.38 per cent at 36,701.51 and the Nifty down 55.4 points or 0.5 per cent at 11,087.70.
- Top five Sensex gainers were ONGC, Vedanta, Infosys, Coal India and YES Bank, while the major losers were Bharti Airtel, M&M, Maruti, Kotak Bank and HDFC.
- The rupee fell sharply by 29 paise to 72.49 against the dollar due to strengthening of greenback against other currencies overseas
- Oil prices rose as US markets tightened just weeks ahead of Washington plan to impose new sanctions against Iran,