- The S&P BSE Sensex surged over 325.21 points to intraday high of 35,190.31 as traders widened their positions ahead of quarterly earnings from Infosys
- and a few other blue-chip companies later in the day. Similarly, the Nifty jumped 87.1 points to 10,599.60 against the previous close of 10,512.50.
- Brokers said increased buying by investors ahead of quarterly earnings from Infosys and a few other bluechip companies.
- Later in the day and a firm trend in Asian markets boosted the domestic sentiment.
- As per provisional data, domestic institutional investors bought shares worth Rs 294.78 crore,
- foreign institutional investors made purchases worth Rs 67.86 crore on Monday.